Managing periodontal diseases in primary care using the Healthy Gums Do Matter toolkit
The webinar will give an overview of how to approach managing periodontal diseases in primary care using the Healthy Gums Do Matter toolkit.
- Understand the importance of screening, diagnosing and treating periodontal diseases and the legal and ethical duties of care
- Look at the challenges of managing periodontal diseases in primary care working under the NHS contract
- Introduce the Healthy Gums Do Matter toolkit for managing periodontal diseases
- Understand the importance of effective communication and behaviour change
- Introduce how to assess patient engagement
- Introduce the Healthy Gums Do Matter and the BSP’s UK version of the S3 Treatment Guidelines for treating Periodontitis.
- Delegates will have an understanding of the Healthy Gums Do Matter approach to managing periodontal disease in primary care. The speaker will introduce the BSP’s version of the S3 treatment guidelines for treating periodontitis.
Shazad Saleem graduated from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2002.
Having completed his vocational training and a year as an SHO in maxillofacial surgery, he returned to general dental practice where he completed his diploma of membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) examination. He has also completed a masters in research (MDPH (MRes)) at the University of Manchester as a part of an in-practice fellowship training award from the National Institute of Health Research.
He now operates four dental practices in the north west of England with three other partners. They deliver NHS dental care in some of the most deprived areas in the north west.
He has been involved in a number of projects including the original service redesign pilot in Oldham and Salford.
Shazad is currently chair of the Perio Subgroup for Greater Manchester LDN. He has been leading the development of implementing an evidence-based care pathway approach for managing periodontal disease into NHS dental practice called Healthy Gums Do Matter.
He also delivers training on how to implement Health Gums Do Matter into practice with Health Education England.
Shazad has recently been appointed joint chair of The Education Advisory Committee for the British Society of Periodontology (BSP) and is also a BSP faculty member.
To sign up and watch this webinar for free, visit dentistry.co.uk/webinar.