Managing furcations in general practice
The audience will understand what furcations are, how to accurately diagnose furcation involvement and what treatment options are available.
The webinar will run through a range of treatment modalities that general dentists and hygiene therapists may or may not be aware of, as well as provide information and guidance on when it is appropriate to refer or manage within a general practice setting.
- Understand what furcations are
- Learn about available options for different furcations involvements and different teeth
- Understand the types of furcation involvement and their significance
- Understand the prognosis of different furcation involvements
- Gain an understanding on when it is appropriate to manage a furcation involved tooth in practice or when to consider referral.
Speaker: Panayiotis Kaimakamis
Pano completed his undergraduate studies in 2012 from Kings College London.
He spent time working in general practice and within oral and maxillofacial hospital departments before embarking on specialist training.
He obtained his doctorate in clinical periodontology from the Royal London Dental hospital and subsequently joined the specialist register in periodontics.
Pano currently splits his time between private practice and the Edudent Teaching Academy which he runs along with two fellow specialist periodontists.
Please login to receive a certificate
This Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity fully complies with the CPD requirements of the General Dental Council.
FMC certifies this activity for one hour of enhanced CPD in the subject of managing furcations in general practice.
This CPD meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome C.