Breaking down NHS conversion barriers
Les Jones, creative director of Practice Plan, hosts this live webinar in discussion with Zoe Close, Practice Plan’s head of sales, as they uncover the truth about NHS conversions and the perceived barriers that stand in the way of dentists making the life-changing decision to move from NHS to private dentistry.
Les and Zoe will be joined by Anju Jairath, dentist at Allestree Dental Practice, as they debate the most common blockades cited by dentists that stop them from handing back their NHS contracts, including:
- 'I won’t be able to replace my income'
- 'I’ll lose too many patients'
- 'The local community won’t understand my decision to leave NHS dentistry'
- 'The ICB will make it too difficult to leave'
- 'I’m not good enough to be a private dentist'
- 'There won’t be support after the conversion, I’ll struggle on my own'.
Les, Zoe and Anju will discuss each of these points in detail, assessing just how significant they are, their knowledge and experiences of each of the barriers, and what advice they would give to others considering making the move from NHS to private dentistry.
- Hear first-hand from a dentist that has successfully converted their NHS list to private
- Discover the ease of converting from the NHS to private practice
- Gain advice and expertise on the process, first-steps and much more.
Speaker: Zoe Close
Zoe is head of sales at Practice Plan and has over 30 years’ experience in the dental sector including working as a group business manager for a corporate group, a dental nurse, a head receptionist, and a practice manager.
Zoe is passionate about supporting practices and can offer invaluable advice on how to strategically and successfully run your business.
Speaker: Les Jones
Les Jones is the Creative Director at Practice Plan. He has over 30 years’ experience of working within the creative and dental sectors in the fields of design, branding, marketing and strategic consultancy. Les is also an accomplished writer and speaker and has spoken at dental events across the UK and written extensively for FMC publications.
Speaker: Anju Jairath
Anju has been a dentist for over thirty years and joined Allestree Dental Practice in Derby in 2001. She is passionate about dentistry and caring for her patients.
Following her colleagues, Anju made the decision in early 2022 to convert her own list from NHS to private. Increasing the time spent with patients, building rapport and no longer worrying about targets were some of the key driving forces that led her to her decision to make the move from NHS to private dentistry.