In the next edition of Dentistry Live on 23 November at 7pm, Colin Burns focuses on a challenging case of dental trauma. The patient suffered a severe injury to their upper right central incisor, leading to an irreparable root fracture and the necessity of tooth extraction.
Colin will guide us through the treatment process, starting from the initial use of a partial denture to the recent extraction of the tooth. The case, planned under a Type 2c protocol, involved detailed CBCT and IOS scans, showing suitable bone volume and a favourable tissue biotype, despite the presence of an adjacent tooth with a porcelain veneer.
This session highlights the ‘Smile in A Box’ protocol, featuring the placement of a Straumann BLT implant and, if necessary, the use of Bio-Oss and Bio-Gide. Colin’s expertise will be particularly evident in managing the aesthetic challenges posed by the anterior zone and the presence of adjacent restorations.
Watch as Colin demonstrates shaping the gingival architecture with a provisional crown and capturing the emergence profile for the final ceramic crown. This approach is key to achieving optimal aesthetic results and ensuring precise implant placement.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about cutting-edge techniques in anterior aesthetic implant dentistry. Submit your questions during the broadcast and compete for a £50 Uber Eats voucher for the best question!
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning for Dental Trauma: Understand the steps for assessing and planning treatment for traumatic dental injuries, including CBCT and IOS scan evaluations.
- Implant Placement and Soft Tissue Management: Learn the techniques for placing Straumann BLT implants using the “Smile in A Box” protocol, and master shaping the gingival architecture with a provisional crown.
- Digital Impression Techniques: Gain proficiency in IOS Digital Impression techniques for capturing the emergence profile and creating final ceramic crowns in anterior implant dentistry.
Colin is a fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI), a Straumann clinical mentor, and ITI speaker, and is the chairman of the UK and Ireland Section of the ITI. He is also the director of the Glasgow ITI Study Club.
Colin both places and restores dental implants and provides bone block grafting and sinus augmentation. His particular areas of interest are implant surface technology, bone biology and bone regeneration, for which he achieved a MSc (with Merit) in implant dentistry from the University of Warwick. He lectures extensively in the UK Europe, and beyond to dentists, nurses and dental technicians.
In addition, Colin is an honorary lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire. He is also a teaching faculty member at the Campbell Academy, VSS, BAIRD Academy and ITI UK and Ireland Foundation Course.
Catch up with previous On Demand webinars:
- WTF: What is the future? – …And where do I start?
- WTF? What is the future? – A brave new world driving behaviour change in oral healthcare teams
- WTF? What is the future? – Know your patient, change the outcome
- The journey of selling my dental practice
- Getting started with 3D printing.
Follow Dentistry.co.uk on Instagram to keep up with all the latest dental news and trends.