Occlusion a review and its relevance to implant dentistry
In this webinar, Graham Stokes will cover:
- Understanding the importance of occlusion in implant restorative dentistry
- Review the basic concepts of occlusion
- Understanding the importance of a mutually protected occlusion.
- To have understood the difference between canine guidance and group function and when you would use them
- Learn when to reorganise the occlusion and when to conform to the occlusion
- To have understood when to use an articulator
- Learn how to record RCP
- To learn the difference between a natural tooth and an implant in occlusion
- Understand what occlusal guidance to use for implants
- Learn the importance of reviewing the occlusion long term.
Graham Stokes is a Worcestershire man born and bred. He grew up, went to school and now lives in Malvern.
Graham is the clinical lead at LHDP Smilecare Implant and Referral centre in Bromsgrove. He takes referrals in implants and major dental reconstruction work.
He is passionate about dentistry and education and is heavily involved in postgraduate dental education nationally and internationally.
Graham is a non executive director of Medical Protection Society and a member of the Board of Dental Protection.
Graham is chair of The MPS Foundation. He is also a special adviser and clinical lead for the dental charity Bridge2aid providing education and dental care to some of the poorest people in the world in Tanzania, Rwanda and Malawi.
To register for this webinar, simply visit www.dentistry.co.uk/webinar.
Catch up with previous On Demand webinars:
- Are dentists obsolete in clear aligner treatments? – Dan and Wayne in conversation
- Is B1 even white enough anymore?
- Question time – 28 April
- How it is possible to completely systemise and streamline your full arch treatments using Chrome Guidedsmile. The worlds leading fully guided full arch system
- Bruxism and TMD – an introduction to treatment.