Introducing DDS: a new kind of dental defence organisation created by dentists, for dentists
Dental Defence Society (DDS) is a new dental defence organisation (DDO), launched in July 2021 with a mission to offer dentists the support they need to work with complete peace of mind.
As a not-for-profit mutual society, our executive committee is made up of dentists who know the challenges facing GDPs and dental nurses working to the General Dental Council (GDC) principles.
We are acutely aware that dental professionals have faced many difficulties during the pandemic. They are coping with rapid changes to their working practice.
In this challenging environment, DDS offers peace of mind with a package of support and professional protection that caters specifically for the needs of GDPs and dental nurses.
Affordable, bespoke, and high quality protection when you need it
Even highly experienced clinicians can find themselves subject to a complaint or claim for clinical negligence. This is often a stressful and challenging experience.
You can rest assured that DDS is here to support and defend you whenever you need help. We have an affordable indemnity package to fit your specific needs.
Our members enjoy discretionary indemnity and 24/7 access to dentolegal advice. You will always have access to experienced, trained professionals if you face a complaint, claim of negligence, GDC investigation or a tricky issue.
We even offer non-dental support to members too. We vow to react quickly, sensitively and professionally as soon as you require assistance. That way you can go about your work with total confidence.
Our SHIELD promise
At DDS, we are passionate about dentistry and have your best interests at heart. Our mission is summed up by our SHIELD promise:
- Support and safeguard. DDS is there if and when you need us. We give you the support you need and safeguard your professional reputation
- Hedge against risk. Protect yourself from claims against your work
- Independent with integrity. We are proud to represent dentists. We vow to do our best to stand up for all of our members
- Empathise and empower. We are set up by dentists for dentists. We therefore know what you need and are determined to help you to do your job to the best of your ability
- Learn from education. We will help you to understand what is going on in our industry. And we’ll evolve our service if things change
- Diligent and agile. We are flexible and fit our service around your needs. We also pay close attention to the detail of your circumstances.
Join us now
We look forward to providing you with a competitive quote and delivering the high quality service you need.
Dental Defence Society is not an insurance company. All the benefits of Dental Defence Society are discretionary as set out in the Articles of Association.