Head and neck cancer care in the general practice setting
The intention of the presentation is to provide delegates with a deeper understanding to maintain and enhance a high level of professional practice.
To give delegates the confidence to manage patients in the general practice setting who have had head and neck treatment (in particular radiotherapy).
To give, refresh and enhance delegates understanding of head and neck cancer risk factors and screening.
- Patients at risk of developing oral cancer
- Patients who require specialist/personalised advice due to a history of oral cancer treatment.
- The appropriate management options for patients with a history of oral cancer treatment.
- Their skills and understanding of preventative care, products and clinical treatment to improve patient outcomes.
- Oral cancer screening techniques
- Oral cancer statistics
- Management of the oral cancer patient in general practice including prevention care, mucositis management, ORN risks, useful products, diet advice
- Simple caries management for patients who have undergone head and neck cancer treatment (in particular radiotherapy).
Imogen gained her experience in head and neck cancer while working as one of the first Macmillan dental therapists in the UK based at the Oxford University NHS Foundation Trust for seven years.
She has since continued to run educational sessions and written a number of articles on head and neck cancer care.
Imogen now works as a clinical tutor for the dental hygiene and therapy course and as a special care dental therapist for Kings College Hospital. She also works in private dental practice, in the west London area.
To sign up and watch this webinar for free, visit dentistry.co.uk/webinar.