Clinical Skills Day – orthopaedics and orthodontics with Skip Truitt
More and more orthodontic cases are now treated on a non-extraction basis and at an earlier age by general dental practitioners.
If you wish to develop and grow the private orthodontic element of your practice, incorporating maxillofacial orthopaedics and orthodontics (MOO) will help to create reliable, significant revenues, whilst retaining the whole patient family.
As part of this webinar sponsored by Archformbyte on the Clinical Skills Day, participants will therefore learn how to treat primary, mixed, and permanent dentition cases. They will also learn how to integrate maxillofacial orthopaedics and orthodontics to expand their private practice.
What will the webinar cover?
- Concepts of orthopaedic treatment
- The difference between dental and skeletal malocclusion
- Cephalometric evaluation
- The importance of anchorage
- Appliance selection, construction and activation
- Case examples of class I, II and III malocclusions
- Correction of anterior and posterior cross bites
- And anterior open and closed bites.
More about Dr Skip Truitt
Dr Truitt received his doctor of dental surgery degree from Baylor University.
He is a member of:
- The American Dental Association
- The Texas Dental Association
- The Academy of General Dentistry
- The International Association of Orthodontics
- The American Orthodontics Society
- The American Association of Functional Orthopedics
- The American Society of Dentistry for Children
- The Australian Association of Orthopedics and Orthodontics.
Dr Truitt is a respected author and has published several textbooks on maxillofacial orthopaedics, orthodontics, cephalometrics, and temporal mandibular dysfunction. In addition, he has published numerous articles in professional publications around the world.
As well as conducting seminars, Dr Truitt and the CFOO team act as consultants in clinics in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, South Africa, Australia, and Asia. Over 200,000 patients have been treated worldwide.
Clinical Skills Day
The very first online Clinical Skills Day is on Friday 12 June and is completely free to attend.
Aimed at the whole team, the Clinical Skills Day will focus on latest techniques, increasing revenue and also maximising clinical care. Leading speakers from around the profession will lecture throughout the day on their various topics.
To register to attend for free and view Dr Truitt’s webinar, simply visit www.dentistrystudyclub.com/webinar/clinical-skills-day.
Find out more about Dentistry’s Back to Practice campaign.