Following on from the success of her central London clinic, RW Perio, and popular treatment ‘Polish & Perfect’, Dr Wadia has now launched an eco-friendly Tongue Scraper.
It is an essential tool to form part of your every day oral hygiene routine.
And an ideal way to kick start the new year in your journey to a cleaner, healthier mouth.
A key part of everyone’s home care regime, tongue cleaning prevents or treats bad breath.
It also removes the tongue coating that builds up over time.
Mouthwash is helpful for bad breath but patients also need to carry out mechanical cleaning.
- Made of metal to last longer
- Shape is specific to maximise effectiveness
- Environmentally friendly and plastic free.
How to use the RW Perio tongue scraper
- Open your mouth and stick our your tongue as far as you are able to. This increases access to the tongue and ease of scraping. Also, avoid pointing your tongue as this decreases surface area and makes scraping less effective
- Grab the scraper and give it a rinse
- Holding the handle of the tongue scraper, place it on the back part of your tongue
- Apply firm pressure to the tongue scraper and in one slow smooth motion, pull the scraper from the back of your tongue to the front. The edge of the scraper will remove any coating or residue
- A maximum number of four to eight movements should be enough for the day
- Rinse the scraper after each stroke and clean it after use. This tongue scraper can be kept long term and should consequently be periodically disinfected using boiling water.
Tongue scraping essential for your oral health
- Halitosis or bad breath can be defined as an offensive breath odour. The two biggest causes of oral malodour therefore include tongue coating and gum disease. Tongue cleaning reduces oral malodour caused by tongue coating
- Crypts, cracks and irregular surfaces make up the tongue surface. So it is an ideal site for the growth of bugs/bacteria. These bacteria can also produce things that taste and smell foul. The tongue is like a carpet, therefore it needs regular cleaning!
For more information visit www.rwperio.com.