New Colgate Total offering additional whole mouth benefits
The next generation technology of new Colgate Total, now with dual-zinc and arginine, fights bacteria on teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums to help your patients achieve whole mouth health (Prasad et al, 2018).*
The new formula (1,450 ppm fluoride) helps prevent cavities (Wong et al, 2011) and delivers significant reductions in plaque and gum problems (Delgado et al, 2018).
New Colgate Total helps patients achieve superior reduction in tartar versus ordinary non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste (Colgate data on file).$
New Colgate Total provides significant greater reduction of oral malodour for up to 12 hours post-brushing as compared to a regular fluoride toothpaste after three weeks of product use (Hu et al, 2018).
Advise your patients about new Colgate Total with dual-zinc and arginine for better oral health outcomes (Wong et al, 2011; Delgado et al, 2018; Hu et al, 2018; Colgate data on file)
- Prevents tooth decay/cavities and helps repair weakened enamel (Wong et al, 2011)§
- Superior plaque reduction (Delgado et al, 2018)†
- Superior reduction of gum problems (Delgado et al, 2018)†
- Fights bacteria to keep breath fresh (Hu et al, 2018)
- Superior reduction of sensitivity (Colgate data on file)†
- Superior reduction of tartar (Colgate data on file)†
- Reduces stains and stain intensity (Colgate data on file)†.
Discover more about the new Colgate Total formula at www.colgateprofessional.co.uk.
* Statistically significant greater reduction of cultivable bacteria on teeth, tongue, cheeks, and gums with Colgate Total versus non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste at four weeks, 12 hours after brushing.
‡ Colgate Total Whitening 1,450ppm fluoride toothpaste versus non-whitening toothpaste.
$ Statistically significant reduction versus non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste (p<0.001).
† Versus ordinary non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste.
§ In-vitro data.
Delgado E, Garcia-Godoy F, Montero-Aguilar M, Mateo LR and Ryan M (2018) A Clinical Investigation of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrice in Reducing Established Dental Plaque and Gingivitis Over a Six-Month Period of Product Use. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A33-40
Hu D, Zhang X, Zhong Y, Mateo LR, Dibart S and Delgado E (2018) A Clinical Investigation of the Efficacy of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrice for Controlling Oral Malodor. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A41-45
Prasad K, Therathil SG, Agnihotri A, Sreenivasan PK, Mateo LR and Cummins D (2018) The Effects of Two New Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrices in Reducing Oral Bacteria in Multiple Locations in the Mouth: 12-Hour Whole Mouth Antibacterial Protection for Whole Mouth Health. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A25-32
Wong MC, Clarkson J, Glenny AM, Lo EC, Marinho VC, Tsang BW, Walsh T and Worthington HV (2011) Cochrane reviews on the benefits/risks of fluoride toothpastes. J Dent Res 90 (5): 573-9