Les Jones and Zoe Close will help you to reflect on what you have learnt about working within NHS dentistry throughout the pandemic and on what kind of future you see for yourself and your business. You’ll discover the reasons why you’re in a strong position and why NOW is your best opportunity to become a mixed or fully private practice.
Les and Zoe will be discussing:
– What day-to-day life is like working within the NHS and how the COVID-19 pandemic has given dental teams a taste of the benefits of private dentistry
– How the pandemic has highlighted the importance of dental care and changed the behaviour of patients and made them more accepting of change
– The surge of new patient enquiries within private practices and reports of a three-year waiting list within NHS practices
– The key factors you need to consider when thinking about making a full or partial conversion
– Your options out of the NHS and towards independence, along with the many benefits of making the move.
You’ll also hear from Craig Walsh, Principal of Buxton Dental Practice, who took control and decided to move away from the NHS and go membership-only after his practice reopened following lockdown.
Les Jones is the Creative Director at Practice Plan. He has over 30 years’ experience of working within the creative and dental sectors in the fields of design, branding, marketing and strategic consultancy. Les is also an accomplished writer and speaker and has spoken at dental events across the UK and written extensively for FMC publications.
Zoe Close is the Area Sales Manager at Practice Plan and has over 30 years’ experience in the dental sector, including Business Manager for a corporate group, Dental Nurse, Head Receptionist and Practice Manager. Zoe is passionate about supporting practices and can offer invaluable advice on how to strategically and successfully run your business.
Principal of Buxton Dental Practice
Dr Craig Walsh BDS BSc is the Principal Dentist at Buxton Dental Practice, a family practice situated in the heart of the Peak District. Craig moved away from the NHS to go membership-only after the practice reopened following lockdown.