How to master lower facial transformations with aesthetics in a newly regulated industry
Aims and objectives
- Discover a systematic way of conducting lower facial transformations with aesthetic medicine (including a signature lip technique) to showcase your dental work
- Explore the recent changes in the regulation of facial aesthetics in the UK including the new Level 7 diploma
- Discuss the training routes in aesthetic medicine available to dentists
- Explore the current medicolegal and ethical considerations for aesthetic practice that dentists must be aware of.
Attendees will gain insight into the following…
- A systematic approach to lower facial transformation including lower facial contouring techniques, lip enhancement, peri-oral rejuvenation, jawline augmentation, chin augmentation, treatment of masseteric hypertrophy, treatment of gummy smile and reduction in the formation of nasolabial folds, marionette lines and the pre-jowl sulci
- A signature technique for beautiful lip enhancement
- Use of needle and microcannula for lower facial aesthetic treatments
- Recent changes in the aesthetics industry in terms of regulation, practice and training
- The Level 7 diploma in aesthetic medicine description
- Training routes in aesthetic medicine for dentists
- Medicolegal and ethical considerations in aesthetic medicine.
Speaker: Lara Watson
Lara is passionate about empowering healthcare professionals to channel their inner creativity through the art of facial aesthetics. As a dual qualified doctor and dentist, she works as a maxillofacial surgery SpR in the Oxford deanery. Having graduated in medicine with additional degrees in advanced human anatomy and research, Lara went on to achieve a Bachelor of Dental Surgery with Honours at King’s College, London.
With full membership to the Royal College of Surgeons, Lara teaches at various surgical skills workshops for the college and the wider surgical community and was commended for founding and co-ordinating an international undergraduate surgical teaching programme.
Through her dual qualification and background in head and neck surgery, Lara’s extensive understanding of facial anatomy enables her to deliver the highest standard of theoretical teaching in the principles of safe practice in facial aesthetics.
As a Key Opinion Leader for the global pharmaceutical group Gladerma, Lara brings her experience of performing on the international stage to enhance the delivery of both the theoretical and practical training standards at Acquisition Aesthetics.
Speaker: Priyanka Chadha
Dr Chadha is the joint CEO of Acquisition Aesthetics, a full member of the Royal College of Surgeons and a Plastic Surgery doctor in London. After graduating with a Distinction in Medicine and a Distinction in Surgery, she ranked first in the UK for three consecutive years for Plastic Surgery and General Surgery. She also holds a Masters Degree in Surgical Education and Training, for which she was awarded a Merit.
She is a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for Galderma- a leading pharmaceutical company in facial aesthetics. Dr Chadha takes great pride in producing high quality, scientific papers and research and as such has presented Nationally and Internationally on Plastic surgery and Aesthetic Medicine and has been awarded a number of prizes for her work.
Holding the full Level 7 Award in Aesthetic Medicine allows Dr Chadha to provide training and treatments in non surgical facial aesthetics on a global scale and world wide stage.
Please login to receive a certificate
This Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity fully complies with the CPD requirements of the General Dental Council.
And FMC certifies this activity for 1 hour of enhanced CPD in the subject of How to master lower facial transformations with aesthetics in a newly regulated industry.
This CPD meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome C.