This dental webinar will inform the dental team on the new UK 2021 guidelines recommended for the treatment of periodontal disease. Nicola, who wrote UK adolopment guidelines, will present the BSP Implementation of Treatment of Stage I-III Periodontitis – The EFP S3 Level Clinical Practice Guideline and will discuss how to apply these guidelines in clinical practice. The talk will ensure you have knowledge to apply the guidelines leading to improved quality of clinical care to patients.
• Understand the need for a new classification in periodontology
• Stage, grade and classify a periodontal patient
• Gain knowledge on the BSP implementation of the classification
• The importance of using the new 2017 world classification of periodontal diseases
• How to stage and grade a patient
• The UK implementation of the new classification
Nicola West is a Professor/Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry (Periodontology) at Bristol Dental Hospital. Nicola leads the Dental Clinical Trials Unit, is the Secretary General of the European Federation of Periodontology and President Elect of the British Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry.
This Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity full complies with the CPD requirements of the General Dental Council.
And FMC certifies this activity for 1 hour of enhanced CPD in the subject of Management of periodontal disease: The BSP Implementation of Treatment of Stage I-III Periodontitis –The EFP S3 Level Clinical Practice Guideline.
This CPD meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome C.