Are you susceptible to dental erosion and what can you do about it?
The aim of this webinar is to give members of the dental team a greater understanding of dental erosion and dentine hypersensitivity.
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand the aetiology of dental erosion and dentine hypersensitivity
- Be able to identify early tooth wear
- Gain knowledge on early management of tooth wear and dentine hypersensitivity.
Attendees will understand:
- The importance of early diagnosis of erosive tooth wear
- How to implement early management strategies for patients
- Give advice to patients on how to reduce erosive tooth wear
- Know which toothpastes have efficacy in the treatment of dentine hypersensitivity.
Speaker: Nicola West
BDS, FDS RCS(Eng), PhD, FDS (Rest Dent) RCS, FHEA
Nicola West is Professor of Restorative Dentistry leading the Dental Clinical Trials Unit at the Bristol Dental School, UK.
Nicola is the Secretary General of the European Federation of Periodontology, member of the Royal College of England Specialist Advisory Committee and General Dental Council Specialist Listing assessor for Restorative dentistry.
Nicola conducts research in the international forum, attracting substantial industrial funding alongside, charity and NIHR grants. Current research interests include: developing periodontal research methodologies, the scientific evaluation of oral health care products, tooth wear, dentine hypersensitivity, tooth staining and whitening, bone augmentation and peri-implant lesions and periodontal disease associated with Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Cardiovascular Diseases.
Since 1990, Nicola has maintained in parallel, a thriving private referral practice in the centre of Bristol undertaking specialist periodontal and implant treatment. A particular sphere of interest includes the management of peri-implantitis lesions.
Please login to receive a certificate
This continuing professional development (CPD) activity fully complies with the CPD requirements of the General Dental Council. FMC certifies this activity for one hour of enhanced CPD in the subject of Are you susceptible to dental erosion and what can you do about it!
This CPD meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome C.