The aim of this webinar is to introduce and explain the concept behind S3 treatment guidelines and the stepwise approach to periodontal care.
The webinar will explain how to interpret the S3 paper and how to put these guidelines into everyday practice and communicate effectively with patients.
- Awareness of the S3 treatment guidelines and how to interpret them
- Understanding of what the S3 guidelines intended to achieve
- Familiarity with the concept of the stepwise approach to periodontal management
- Confidence to read the S3 paper and understand how to interpret the conclusions
- Confidence to implement a periodontal workflow that coincides with the level of engagement required from the patient.
Ian qualified from Leeds in 1998 and went into general practice in the North West.
In 2001 he was awarded membership of the faculty of general dental practice.
In addition, Ian joined the teaching staff at Liverpool Dental Hospital in 2002 in the periodontology department.
Here, he became the undergraduate teaching lead in periodontics and a senior clinical teacher in periodontics, a role he held for five years until leaving that position in 2018.
As well as this, in 2010 he completed his Msc in periodontology and in 2013 he was admitted to the GDC specialist list in periodontics.
Ian is also the perio lead for the faculty of general dental practitioners and runs their short course in periodontics.
In addition, he spends three days a week in private practice in the North West of England where he takes referrals for all aspects of periodontology.
He is the British Society of Periodontology regional representative for Merseyside and Cheshire, and serves on their council as commercial liaison officer.
In 2014 he was also elected to the BSP Faculty.
To register for this webinar, simply visit www.dentistry.co.uk/webinar.
Catch up with previous On Demand webinars:
- In-office clear aligner workflows with 3shape Clear Aligner Studio
- Minimally invasive cosmetic dentistry – preparing for the future
- Work smarter, not harder – how AI transformed my practice
- Successful posterior composites
- Aesthetic crown lengthening – a consideration in bonding, orthodontics and restorative dentistry.
Follow Dentistry.co.uk on Instagram to keep up with all the latest dental news and trends.