Introduction to early interceptive orthodontics and orthopaedics
Cfast introduces its Introduction to early interceptive orthodontics and orthopaedics course presented by Stefan Cloete and explains what it’s all about.
Our Introduction to early interceptive orthodontics and orthopaedics is a three-day course. It is aimed at the general dental practitioner who wishes to further their knowledge of orthopaedic and early interceptive orthodontic treatment. As well as to integrate these treatment modalities in their own practices.
The aim is to equip dental practitioners of all levels of experience with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to be confident enough to start treating patients.
Meet Dr Stefan Cloete and learn how our three-day course could benefit you
Early interceptive orthodontic treatment promotes ideal growth of the dental arches and jaw bones. It helps to avoid extractions, complicated mechanics or even surgery later on.
What can you expect from our three-day course?
- Distinguishing between orthopaedic versus orthodontic therapy
- Orthopaedic treatment options for patients with dental and skeletal imbalances
- The concept of early interceptive orthopaedic treatment
- Embryology and anatomy of the growing patient and factors influencing the development of the facial and alveolar bone
- How to identify patients that require early interceptive orthopaedic treatment
- How to obtain the necessary records leading to diagnosis and treatment of skeletal and dental imbalances
- Step by step guide through case analysis and formulation of a treatment plan
- Provision, maintenance and adjustment of orthopaedic appliances
- How to implement orthopaedic and orthodontic treatment into your own practice.
Dr Stefan Cloete – course director
Stefan Cloete obtained his BChD with distinction from the University of Pretoria in 1996. He worked in London in a private practice before moving to Guernsey in 2004.
Dr Cloete completed a MClinDent in prosthodontics with distinction from the University of London (King’s College) in 2005. He has also completed course one to six of the clinical foundation of orthodontics and orthopaedics and treated well over 700 orthopaedic and orthodontic cases.
Dr Cloete has lectured internationally. Including presenting cases at the annual Congress of the Clinical foundation of Orthodontics and Orthopaedics in Texas in 2019.
For more information visit cfastresults.co.uk.