Online Dentistry Show: Martin MacLean – washer disinfectors and learnings to date
Coming this week, the Online Dentistry Show is putting on the very first virtual exhibition in UK dentistry.
The first-of-its-kind event is coming on 4 and 5 of September. With a host of industry leaders and speakers, delegates can also get 12 hours of free enhanced CPD.
The event will allow delegates to walk through a virtual exhibition hall. Here, they can talk directly with suppliers via video link, audio or live chat.
Covering the GDC’s most pertinent recommended topics, it will also host leading speakers from around the profession.
Additionally, the entire event is completely free to attend. To register, simply visit onlinedentistryshow.vfairs.com/en.
DD Group technical manager, Martin MacLean, will deliver a lecture on cross-infection control titled: ‘Washer disinfectors – learnings to date’.
Martin started his career in dental over 10 years ago now, starting with Scottish-based leader in decontamination – Dolby Medical. Martin led a team of field service engineers through two roll outs of automated cleaning of instruments. Initially using ultrasonic cleaners and then in 2010 a guidance change to make washer disinfectors the primary source of cleaning in all Scottish practices.
In 2016, DD acquired Dolby Medical. Martins role now is to lead DD group’s team of nearly 100 engineers nationally in decontamination.
Additionally, he sets out service and testing protocols ensuring continuity of service levels wherever the practice may be.
Aims and outcomes
The aim of this course is to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of effective cleaning prior to sterilisation and the advantages of using a washer disinfector for this
- Understand the correct way to load a washer disinfector taking into account the size, capacity and accessories used and how this can reduce the risk of sharps injuries
- Increase knowledge of the maintenance and testing required for a washer disinfector.
The training outcomes of the learner include:
- Increased knowledge of the advantages of a washer disinfector prior to sterilisation
- Increased knowledge and understanding of how to effectively and safely load a washer disinfector and how this can reduce the risk of sharps injuries
- Understands the different maintenance and testing procedures for a washer disinfector and when/how this is carried out.
To register visit onlinedentistryshow.vfairs.com/en.