Could your patient be the next face of Invisalign?
Align Technology is launching a competition called ‘Invisalign changed my life’ to find inspirational stories that illustrate ways in which treatment has affected people’s lives.
The company is looking for cases of people who have been bullied because of their misaligned teeth; shy people who have emerged from the shadows; wedding vow renewals because at last someone has the confidence to smile in photographs.
The judges assessing the entries include an eminent psychologist, an experienced Invisalign provider and a journalist from a national daily newspaper. They will be assessing the emotional, clinical and physical impact of the cases along with the merit of the story the entrant has to tell.
The winning patient will receive a complete style makeover and will become one of the new ‘Faces of Invisalign’ while for the practitioner who treated them there is the marketing potential of being the provider who changed the life of their patient.
The prize for the Invisalign provider:
• Professional recognition as the person who treated the competition winner – and changed their life
• A professionally styled photograph of their winning patient for their website and practice marketing material.
The prize for the Invisalign patient:
• Travel to Paris for a photographic session with a top photographer (including an overnight stay)
• The chance to be a star for the day with a professional make over to prepare for their unveiling as the new face of Invisalign (hair, make up and clothes styling)
• The chance to appear as one of the next faces of Invisalign on the Invisalign website and in its marketing materials
• Runner-up prizes of Philips Sonicare toothbrushes
• Participation in a press call and press and social media coverage of their transformation and their story.
Anyone who has completed their Invisalign treatment before 30 August 2014 and has a good story to tell is eligible to enter. They simply need to complete an entry form (available from www.invisalign.co.uk/mystory), providing the following information:
• Entrants will be asked to tell their story in no more than 500 words. They will be asked to describe their life, looks and confidence level before Invisalign treatment and how this has changed now that their treatment has been completed and they have straight teeth. They will also be asked to explain why they chose to have Invisalign treatment rather than fixed braces
• Entrants will also be required to submit good, high resolution images showing themselves before and after Invisalign treatment (taken by their Invisalign provider) to enable the judges to assess the physical impact of their treatment. The before and after photographs will need to include full facial and profile shots of the same size and same background so that direct comparisons can be drawn when judging the entries
• Entrants will need to consent to the use of their story and pictures in competition publicity and to participate in the photographic and film shoot as well as the press conference.
Searching for a life changer
Invisalign providers are being encouraged to invite as many of their patients who have successfully completed their Invisalign treatment to enter the ‘Invisalign changed my life’ competition.
A range of marketing materials including leaflets and material for providers’ websites/emailshots will be provided by Align Technology to help reach out to their patients and help them enter.
A campaign is also being run in the consumer press and via social media to speak directly to the public.
The competition closes on 31 August 2014. Please note that the promotion is only open to UK residents aged 18 and over. For more information, visit www.invisalign.co.uk/mystory.