National Conference on CPD in dentistry
The General Dental Council (GDC) is holding a national conference on Tuesday 17 April focusing on the role of continuing professional development (CPD) in dentistry.
Bringing together a wide range of speakers from across the four countries of the UK, the event will consider the themes of:
• CPD and professionalism
• Effectiveness of CPD in dentistry
• Contribution of CPD to quality dental care
• Examining quality and access to CPD
• GDC registrant perspectives on CPD.
The free, one-day conference will be held at the Royal Institute of British Architects, 66 Portland Place, London W1B 1AD between 10.00am-4.00pm.
It will be of particular interest to those involved in developing, designing and delivering CPD for dental professionals, but anyone with an interest is welcome to attend.
To attend you must register on the GDC website.
Conference speakers include:
• Kevin O’Brien, chair of the GDC
• CDO Barry Cockcroft
• Professor Andrew Friedman of the University of Bristol
• Judith Husband, vice-chair of the British Dental Association
• Nicola Doherty, President of the British Association of Dental Nurses
• Donncha O’Carolan, CDO for Northern Ireland.